1. Encode your data vertically in a worksheet.
2. Click the Data tab, and then click the Data Analysis command icon. If you cannot see the Data Analysis command in your Excel application, read the previous post to learn how to load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
3. In the Data Analysis dialogue box, select descriptive statistics, and then click Ok.
4. In the Descriptive Analysis dialogue box, enter the input range and the output range values, check the descriptive statistics you wish to be computed (summary statistics, confidence level, etc.) and then click Ok. Note: If you have included the column title in the input range, check Labels in first row.
5. The results will be displayed in the output range you have specified.
I've finished writing an eBook for inferential statistics using MS Excel. And you know what? You can get it free here in Grad School Jungle..